Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pencil-pop

Maybe you have heard of this game, maybe you have played it. Today I picked up a pencil at work to make some notes and I remebered this game we palyed when I was in elementary school. One person would hold a pencil horizontaly between their hands, the other person would then try to break that pencil with another pencil by popping it. Hopefully they had enough torque on the pencil to give enough momentum to break their opponent's pencil with out breaking their own. So many kids played this at my school that it actually got banned. Kids just started playing off school property before and after school. I remember this sign that kids stood behind on a hill above the school where they would play pencil-pop. The ground was littered with shards of shattered pencils and broken dreams of being pencil-pop champion. Now that I think of it, the littered ground didn't look all that different then similar locations near my high school where kids would smoke before making their way into school.

I wonder if there is a pencil pop federation like there are for rock, paper, scissors and finger jousting. http://www.worldrps.com/ , http://www.fingerjoust.com/

No comments: